June 28, 2018 @ 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
After this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Identify common power and control tactics of abusive partners
- Recognize and replicate the foundation ofempowerment-based advocacy
- Understand the connection between substance use, domestic violence, and lethality
- Discuss the co-occurrence between substance abuse, mental health disorders, and domestic violence and the impact on recovery and safety
- Utilize best practices when working with survivors using substances including implementing a trauma-informed culturally, integrated programs, safety planning, and reducing stigma and stereotyping
- Discuss treatment and recovery plan options for domestic violence survivors who use substances.