A Voice for the Voiceless:
The Intersection of Domestic Violence and Animal Abuse
For domestic violence service providers, animal service providers, and allied professionals.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Incorporate best practices in screening and intake for survivors who have pets
- Identify steps to reporting animal abuse
- Decipher a pet’s body language
- Practice safety planning with survivors who have pets
- Discuss possible national and state resources for survivors who have pets
- Amber Guthrie, MA, Project Director, Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence
- Katie Flory, Community Affairs Director, Maryland SPCA
There is NO COST for this training, but space is limited!
2.5 Cateogry I Social work CEUs are available at no cost to MNADV members and $15 for non-members.
Free parking is available on-site.
Food will not be served. Please make prior arrangements.
For more information, email Amber at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-429-3601.