The Trauma Recovery and Empowerment Model (TREM) and the Men’s Trauma Recovery and Empowerment Model (M-TREM) are gender-based trauma models designed to address issues of sexual, physical, and emotional abuse in the lives of women and men who have been economically and socially marginalized and for whom traditional recovery work has been unavailable or ineffective. The model was developed by clinicians at Community Connections in Washington, D.C. with considerable input from consumers. TREM/M-TREM uses a psycho-educational focus and skill-building approach, emphasizes survivor empowerment and peer support and teaches women techniques for self-soothing, boundary maintenance and current problem solving. The men’s model focuses more strongly on helping the men to develop an emotional and relational vocabulary.
All attendees must commit to attending all six days of this training in full:
- Day 1: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Day 2: Thursday, July 12, 2018 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Day 3: Friday, July 13, 2018 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Day 4: Monday, July 16, 2018 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Day 5: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Day 6: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm