MNADV and the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) presents
In Our Own Voice
Going to this presentation will provide you:
- A first-hand account of what it’s like to live with a mental illness. Presenters humanize this misunderstood topic by demonstrating that it’s possible—and common—to live well with mental illness.
- A chance to ask the presenters questions, which allows for a deeper understanding of mental health conditions and dispel stereotypes and misconceptions.
- The understanding that every person with a mental illness can hope for a bright future.
Presented by the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
Social Work CEUs (2 hours in Category I) are available for licensed social workers at no charge for MNADV members or $15 for non-members.
Free parking is available on-site. Questions? Email Amber at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-429-3601.
Can You Hear Me Now?
Applying Active Listening Skills when Working with Domestic Violence Survivors
For domestic violence service providers and allied professionals.
By the end of the training, participants will:
- Examine the steps to listening with a purpose
- Identify importance of empathy
- Define active listening, its concepts and its goals
- Practice the steps of active listening
- Amber Guthrie, MA, Project Director, Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence
There is NO COST for this training, but space is limited!
2.5 Cateogry I Social work CEUs are available at no cost to MNADV members and $15 for non-members.
Free parking is available on-site.
Food will not be served. Please make prior arrangements.
For more information, email Amber at email@example.com or call 301-429-3601.
Register here: http://bit.ly/2erxI2P
Thursday, October 26, 2017
6:00 – 9:00 pm
DoubleTree By Hilton Annapolis
210 Holiday Court, Annapolis, MD
Early Bird Ticket Rate: $60.00
August 4 – September 30, 2017
Regular Ticket Rate: $70.00
October 1 – October 13, 2017
Tickets can be purchased by credit card or check at: https://mnadv37.eventbrite.com. No tickets will be sold after 10/13/17. Tickets are not available for purchase at the door.