OUTREACH AND PREVENTION
Years of Experience:
Level of Education:
Help end intimate partner violence by addressing it at its source! Work with individuals who have been abusive toward an intimate partner in our Gateway Project, just one of our abuse intervention programs. Be part of a fun and dedicated team of professionals who are implementing a nationally recognized, research-supported program model. Group Facilitators run several groups a week and assist with special projects and provide coverage for individual intake interviews and group orientations. Bachelors’ degree in a human service field is required. Minimum 1 year experience facilitating curriculum-based groups. Experience working in the LGBTQ community and the criminal justice system is preferred. Must be violence free in own life.Essential Duties:* Facilitate group sessions and provides back up coverage as required in accordance with the program’s curriculum and design.* Conduct one-on-one sessions with participants as needed.
* Co-facilitate multiple group sessions on a scheduled basis and fill in when needed.
* Assist with Intake appointments, Orientation sessions, victim contact efforts and training as needed.
* Communicate with Parole & Probation agents regarding participant progress and status.
* Participate in group preparation, facilitation, and debrief, as well as, peer review sessions with other group facilitators.
* Maintain electronic and paper file documentation for groups and participants in keeping with program standards.
* Address issues with participants individually, including conflicts, referrals for additional services, and assessment of appropriateness to continue in the program.
* Collect, process, and document fees and attendance in accordance with program policy.
* Attend and participate in regular staff meetings.
* Is involved in program development activities, including group curriculum design, procedure development and implementation and creation of new program initiatives.
* Must work some evenings to provide group coverage.
Bachelors’ degree in a human service field is required. Minimum 1 year experience facilitating curriculum-based groups. Experience working in the LGBTQ community and the criminal justice system is preferred. Good written and verbal communication skills. Client assessment, group work, project planning and conflict management skills required. Computer literate (MS Word, internet, e-mail) and experience working within a data tracking system. Ability to understand intimate partner violence and how it affects the client population and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds are a must.Must be violence free in own life with no charges of violence within a minimum of three years. If applicant has ever been identified as a perpetrator of intimate partner violence, the applicant must have successfully completed a certified abuse intervention program.
Employee Assistance Plan
Paid Time Off
Retirement Savings and Planning
|Domestic Partner Benefits
Prescription Drug Coverage
More information at: http://apply.intellihire.com/Job.aspx?ID=e82409752a324bd9a309c2ce7b54a2ac