Statewide Crime Victims Resources Workshop
Thursday, September 24, 2015
12:00 Noon — 3:30 pm
Henry L. Hein Public Service Building
7480 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd, Suite 100, Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Domestic violence survivors often face extra barriers and obstacles in obtaining assistance for themselves and their families. As many survivors are also victims of crime under the law, additional specific resources may be available to assist them.
Join MNADV to learn about the eligibility requirements, program process, and possible assistance offered through the following statewide crime victims resources:
- Criminal Injuries Compensation Board – D. Scott Beard, Executive Director of CICB
- Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) and VINE Protective Order – Nakita Long, Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention
- Federal Domestic Violence Laws – Steven Hess, Victim-Witness Manager and Law Enforcement Coordinator United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Maryland
- Safe At Home Address Confidentiality Program – Anne Hoyer, Coordinator
- Maryland Community Services Locator – Amy Billing, Faculty Research Assistant, Center for Substance Abuse Research (CESAR)
Free parking is available on-site.
Category I Social Work CEUs available at no charge for MNADV members and $15 for non-members.
Food will not be served and no food or drink is permitted in the auditorium. Please make arrangements for and consume lunch and/or snacks ahead of time.