The Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence is seeking a Digital Media Intern to assist with online marketing and communications campaigns to promote the work of the Network for the summer of 2017.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Writing weekly blog posts
- Promoting MNADV on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook with engaging posts and original graphics
- Drafting articles and creating e-newsletters and e-blasts
- Updating the MNADV website, including optimizing it for SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Maintaining databases and publication inventory
- A strong commitment to social justice and to ending violence against women
- Active participation and experience with social media platforms (Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, YouTube)
- Able to commit to at least 12 hours per week for a minimum of 12 weeks at our office in Lanham, MD
- Experience in graphic design, video editing, SEO, or email marketing a plus
As an intern at MNADV you will:
- Experience a summer of practical work and develop insight into the workings of a statewide nonprofit organization.
- Work in an office environment where you’ll gain project management skills that are important in any career.
- Combine classroom knowledge with the practical challenges of day-to-day project implementation.
- Be provided the opportunity to meet the internship requirements of your degree program.
- Be included in conversations about strategic marketing and planning campaigns.
- Learn about the services available to support survivors of domestic violence in Maryland.
- Attend trainings about domestic violence for free taught by experts in the field.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA persons, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply. This internship is unpaid.
Please send your resume, cover letter, links to 2 social media profiles (Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, YouTube, etc.), and a short writing or graphic design sample to Jessica Staskal, Project Manager at email@example.com by Friday, April 7, 2017.