How is the LAP Making an Impact in Maryland?
LAP in Law Enforcement Agencies and Domestic Violence Programs
As of 2013, 100% of Maryland’s 109 law enforcement agencies and 100% of the 20 comprehensive domestic violence programs in Maryland have been trained and are implementing the LAP. Please find our most recent 2015 LAP Maryland Annual Report Summary.
LAP in Departments
Through the new LAP Departments Project, MNADV is in the process of providing domestic violence policy and curriculum review, as well as intensive training and technical assistance on the LAP in three Maryland state departments:
- Department of Human Resources (DHR)
- Department of Juvenile Services (DJS)
- Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services (DPSCS)
The goal of the project is to ensure appropriate domestic violence policies and procedures within department programs to improve victim safety and abuser accountability, provide information and resources to staff and abuse victims, and promote implementation of the LAP to identify and refer High-Danger victims to services. The MNADV will provide guidance and technical assistance to department staff and will collect outcome data to measure effectiveness.
LAP in Hospitals
Twelve Maryland hospitals/health care facilities have implemented the LAP, and additional hospitals are in the process of implementing:
- Northwest Hospital
- Frederick Memorial Hospital
- Frederick Mental Health Association
- Anne Arundel Medical Center
- Atlantic General Hospital
- Prince George’s Hospital Center
- Bon Secours Baltimore Health System
- Carroll Hospital Center
- Peninsula Regional Medical Center
- Western Maryland Regional Medical Center
- MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital
- University of Maryland Charles Regional Hospital
The Lethality Assessment Program—Maryland Model is considered intellectual property and protected by copyright. The use of the materials without the express prior written consent of the Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence is strictly prohibited and subject to all applicable laws regarding copyrights.