Statewide Comprehensive Intimate Partner Training for Advocates and Professionals
This training is for domestic violence and sexual assault program staff, social workers,* counselors, health care staff, legal and crime victim advocates, and other allied professionals. Topics include:
Dynamics and Framework:
- Domestic Violence Framework
- Empowerment Advocacy
- Trauma Education
- Vicarious Trauma and Burnout
- Victim-Centered Safety Planning
Culture and Underserved:
- Immigrant Survivors
- Culturally-Specific and Faith-Based Communities
- Gender Identity and Sexual Orientations
- Older Adults
- Primary Prevention
- Children and Teens
- Legal Aspects of DV
- Human Trafficking
*Social work CEUs are available at no cost to MNADV members and $100 for non-members.
To sign up for the waitlist for the first 2017 session, go here.
Two additional trainings are being planned for 2017.