A Training for Domestic Violence Service Providers and Allied Professionals
Research indicates that millions of adults are stalked each year, yet stalking is a crime that is often misunderstood, minimized, or missed entirely. In this interactive training for domestic violence service providers and allied professionals, we will explore:
- risk factors associated with intimate partner stalking;
- the ways in which abusers misuse technology, including spyware, GPS tracking, social media, spoofing, and many online spaces to harass and stalk survivors;
- steps a survivor can take to more safely use technology and considerations for documentation and evidence collection; and
- how service providers can help survivors assess the stalking.
2.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available for this training. CEUs are free for MNADV members and $15 for non-members. Please bring cash or check with you to the training.
For questions, please contact Jess Staskal at email@example.com or 301-429-3601.
- Define domestic violence and explore dynamics and types of abuse.
- Understand the prevalence of domestic violence and who it affects
- Develop awareness of myths and facts about domestic violence
- Understand the dynamics and cycle of domestic violence
- Learn how to assess and serve domestic violence victims
- Ayana Wallace, MS, Project Manager, Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence
There is NO COST for this training, but space is limited!
3 Cateogry I Social work CEUs are available at no cost to MNADV members and $15 for non-members.
Free parking is available on-site.
Food will not be served. Please make prior arrangements.
For more information, email Ayana at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-429-3601.
Thursday, October 26, 2017
6:00 – 9:00 pm
DoubleTree By Hilton Annapolis
210 Holiday Court, Annapolis, MD
Early Bird Ticket Rate: $60.00
August 4 – September 30, 2017
Regular Ticket Rate: $70.00
October 1 – October 13, 2017
Tickets can be purchased by credit card or check at: https://mnadv37.eventbrite.com
No tickets will be sold after 10/13/17. Tickets are not available for purchase at the door.
Contact 301-429-3601 or email@example.com for more information.